Telecom Corp. of New Zealand Limited has sold its 60% stake in Telecom Cook Islands Limited to Digicel for USD19.9 million. The deal is expected to be completed by May 31 2014, subject to undisclosed conditional terms. The remaining 40% stake is owned by the Cook Islands government via the incumbent Telecom Cook Islands Ltd., which is in the process of rolling out its internet service via O3B satellite network. The purchase comes amidst Telecom New Zealand’s plan to focus more on its NZ operations. Digicel is already operating in Vanuatu, Samoa, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Fiji and Nauru.